Fitness Components | Methods of Training
In this article, I will summarize the importance of physical fitness, in that it helps the individual to:
form their personality, improve their health, control their emotions, and obtain a harmonious and graceful body.
What are the essential fitness components?
Everyone asks this question and the answer, in brief, is that the components of physical fitness are many and multiple, but the most important of fitness components are:
Moreover, we will mention each fitness components in detail:
1- Power :
The muscle can overcome an external resistance. It is the ability to use and confront different resistances.
There are three types that distinguish strength (great strength, fast force, endurance) from other elements.
The importance of muscle strength component:
- Firstly, it is an essential component of motor ability.
- Secondly, it is used as a preventive treatment against deformities, congenital disabilities.
- Thirdly, it is also an essential component of motor ability.
- Fourthly, no sporting physical activity can dispense with strength.
- Finally, it has a significant role in performing the skills with an excellent degree.
Ways to develop muscle strength:
- Low-intensity interval training.
- High-intensity interval training.
- Repeated training.
- (Prolapse. Stability of the waist) Extend the arms.
- (Standing open. Carrying weight) Bend the knees.
- (Standing open. Carrying weight) Arm bend.
- (Standing up) Landing from a height and jumping forward.
- (Stand up. Hold a weight) Walk forward while stabbing.
2 – Speed:
It is the ability of an individual to perform sequential movements of one kind in the shortest possible time.
Furthermore, it has several types (translational speed, kinematic speed, response speed).
The Importance of Speed:
- Firstly, it is the first component of short-distance sports competitions such as swimming and athletics.
- Secondly, it is also one of the fitness components.
- Thirdly, speed correlates with agility, compatibility and endurance in soccer, handball and rugby.
Factors Affecting Speed:
- Muscular Strength
- The Ability to Relax.
- The individual’s composition properties of the muscle fibers.
- Finally, an individual’s neural pattern.
Speed development methods:
- Repetition of exercises.
- Use of speed retarding resistors (running on the beach, using resistance bands,…)
3 – Balance:
Balance is the ability to maintain stability when performing certain positions (for example, standing on one foot, or walking on a high beam).
Factors Affecting Balance:
- Muscular Strength
- Mental Capacities
- Perception – kinematic
The Importance of Balance:
- Firstly, it contributes to improving and upgrading the individual’s level of performance.
- Secondly, it is an essential component of many sporting activities.
- Thirdly, it is associated with many physical attributes, such as strength.
- Fourthly, it is the main factor in many sports, such as gymnastics.
- Fifthly, it has an apparent effect in contact sports such as wrestling.
- Finally, it enables the player to have the appropriate response speed in light of competition conditions.
Some Balance Exercises:
- Standing on one foot, swinging the other foot forward and backward.
- Make front scales.
4 – Agility:
It is the ability of the individual to have good coordination of movements, the ability to relax, and the logical movement of the body.
It includes the following components: (interaction, direction, balance, and motor coordination).
1- General Agility:
The individual can adequately perform a motor duty in several different sports activities.
2- Special Agility:
It is the ability to be agile in specific activities, in which the individual exercises.
Agility Development Methods:
- Firstly, to create an unusual condition for performing the exercise, such as rain on sandy ground.
- Secondly, to change the speed and timing of movements.
- Thirdly, to sit on all fours, throwing feet behind you.
- Fourthly, Slalom running agility.
- Finally, to run with a change of direction.
5 – Compatibility:
It is the compatibility of nerve processes in the central nervous system.
That is the ability of an individual to move two different muscle groups simultaneously.
In other words, the individual can control his/her body muscles, either collectively or individually, according to the required activity.
The Importance of Compatibility:
1- Helps athletes avoid common mistakes.
2- Helps in achieving perfect, technical, and planning performance.
3- Compatibility is a matter of physical and motor abilities, which enhances physical fitness.
4- It helps athletes perform fast and challenging performance in different degrees.
5- Athletes need compatibility, especially in sports that require movement control.
6- It appears when athletes move his/her body in the air( as in a jump performance on a trampoline).
Factors Affecting Compatibility:
- The ability to perceive accuracy and the sense of organization.
- Kinetic experience
Methods for training and developing compatibility:
1- Performing skills with the other player/athlete.
2- Increasing the level of resistance in the performance of movement stages.
3- The speed and rhythm of the motor performance is restricted, and the distance for the skill performance is determined.
4- Performance in abnormal conditions.
5 – The rotation of the arms in two different directions.
6 – Finally, moving the legs alternately with the rotation of the arms.
6 – Flexibility:
It is the individual’s ability to perform sports movements to the maximum extent permitted by the joints and muscles, and fitness training is not achieved without them.
In addition, it helps delay one’s fatigue and helps affected joints return to their normal level.
Factors Affecting Flexibility:
Firstly, chronological age and training age.
Secondly, the degree of alignment of the joint muscles.
Thirdly, the psychological state of athletes.
In addition, sports exercises types
Flexibility Development Exercises:
1- Bend the torso forward and down.
2- Bend the torso back high.
It is the ability of vital organs to resist fatigue for a long time during a sporting activity, and it is considered the first component of physical fitness components.
Factors Affecting Blood Circulation in the Respiratory System:
2- The effect of drugs
3- climatic factors
4- Muscle fatigue
5- Sports training
6- Psychological state
Endurance Training and Development Methods:
1 – The symmetric method
2 – Running for a distance of 400-800 m daily
3 – Running for 12 minutes daily
In the end, remember this: fitness components are :
I hope you have benefited from this article, and have always been well.
In the next article, we will talk about weight loss and their relationship to healthy eating.
We will find you answers on all questions related to the topics mentioned above.
In conclusion, keep fit and thank you so much.